woensdag 26 januari 2011

Why I love making Zentangles....

I learned about Zentangles just at the right moment in my life!
They really saved the day, or actually they saved the last few months.
I don't know where I would have been without Zentangles and my dear "friends" on Flickr.

Creating Zentangles worked and still works as a sort of therapy for me. It's meditating and creating at the same time. Your mind is focused on the proces of creating. Your thoughts are being diverted from your daily stress, problems, worries to those lovely black lines you're drawing on paper. Sometimes this proces even sorts out your problems, makes things clear in a sort of light bulb moment. In fact, that's what happened to me more than once.

Like Sandra Strait of Life Imitates Doodles says:
"I am not a certified zentangle teacher, or in any way associated with the official Zentangle company. Just a devoted fan of their method." 
The Zentangle
® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at  Zentangle.com

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Glad you love the zentangles...your a true artist and lovely person...so we share a couple of important things in live... spiratuelitie... a way of living and there for a creatief mind and hands to express it and share with others,
    Zentangles works as a medicine, it heals and idd. helps you to see where you stand on THIS moment...its the way to express yourself on a creatief and relaxing way... enjoy this way of art and suprise yourself and us what comes out ...good luck with the Ztangles... Jeanet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My dear Jeanet,
    You're one of my dearest Zentangle-friends!
    And indeed we share a couple of very important things in life. I always enjoy your artwork on Flickr. You are a wonderful and creative woman.. Keep on making those beautiful Zentangles, so we can all enjoy them.
    Hugs, Claudia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen